What date we collect?
We only collect, record and store data which is required in order for us to fulfil the requirements of our customers or comply with legal requirements. This information includes;
- Your full name
- Contact information such as telephone number, e mail address, fax number
- Demographic information such as your postal address
- Information on your browsing patterns
This information is essential to us fulfilling our contract with you and ensures that we are able to meet the demands of our customers. Furthermore, this information also helps us monitor that the website is operating correctly whilst also allowing for us to analyse and improve its functionality.
How do we collect your data?
You directly and voluntarily provide us with the majority of the data we collect. We collect data and process this when;
- You register your account details online
- You place an order for any of our products or services
- Voluntarily provide feedback through platforms such as e mail or any of our other messaging services
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
What we do with your data?
Our company collects your data so that we can;
- Effectively manage your account
- Process orders placed through the website or any of our other ordering platforms
- E mail you with details on special offers or new products
- Use your information to contact you for market research purposes. This may be but is not limited to contacting you by post, telephone, e mail, fax or any other communication services you provide details for.
- Customise the website according to your feedback and browsing habits
- Improve our products and services
- Provide you with the best service possible
- Better understand your needs as a customer
If you agree, we may at times be required to share your data with partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services. This information is only passed so that they can effectively perform the services that we request of them and may be required in order for us to fulfil our contract with yourself. All other use of this data is strictly prohibited.
How do we store your data?
Tow-Trust Towbars Ltd securely stores your data at our head office at Carlyon Road Industrial Estate, Atherstone, Warwickshire, CV9 1JE.
In order to ensure that your data remains secure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the protection of such information.
We keep your personal data on file for as long as it is necessary for us to fulfil the purpose for which it was originally collected.
From time to time our company may wish to send you information about products and services of ours that we think may be of interest to you. By continuing to use this site you agree to receive marketing information from us. Should at any point you change your mind you have the right to stop Tow-Trust Towbars Ltd from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes please send this request in writing to our head office (Tow-Trust Towbars Ltd, Carlyon Road Industrial Estate, Atherstone, Warwickshire, CV9 1JE) or by e mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and your data will be removed from our system.
Control of your personal information and your data protection rights
Tow-Trust Towbars right to find out what information the government and other organisations store about you. As such every user is entitled to the following;
- Request from us copies of your personal data. Please note we may charge a small fee for this service
- Request us to correct any information we have collected that you believe to be inaccurate
- Request that we delete your personal data, under certain conditions
- Request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions
- You have the right to object to us processing your personal data, under certain conditions
- You have the right to request that we transfer the data we have stored to either yourself or another company or organisation, under certain circumstances
If you would like to exercise any of these rights please contact us by e mail at email@example.com or write to our head office (Tow-Trust Towbars Ltd, Carlyon Road Industrial Estate, Atherstone, Warwickshire, CV9 1JE).
If you believe that any information we are hold with respect to you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Cookies and IP Tracking
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data which is specific to a particular client and website whilst logging information about your interactions with the website.
- Personalise your visit to our site and remember your preferences
- Provide us with a better understanding of how you use our website
- Improve your experiences when visiting our site in future
We also use IP Address tracking technology to identify businesses visiting our site and monitor the web pages that are being visited. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic in order to develop and improve our website for future business visitors.
Types Of Cookies We Use
There are several different types of cookie. These are the most common ones:
- Session cookie
A session cookie only lasts for the duration of the user’s website visit. A web browser normally deletes session cookies when it quits.
- Persistent cookie
A persistent cookie will outlast user sessions. If a persistent cookie has its maximum age set to 1 year, then, within the year, the initial value set in that cookie would be sent back to the server every time the user visited the server. This could be used to record a piece of information such as how the user initially came to this website. For this reason persistent cookies are also called tracking cookies.
- Secure cookie
A secure cookie is only used when a browser is visiting a server via HTTPS, ensuring that the cookie is always encrypted when transmitting from client to server.
- First-party cookie
First-party cookies are cookies set with the same domain (or its subdomain) in the browser’s address bar.
- Third-party cookie
Third-party cookies are cookies set with different domains from the one shown on the address bar (i.e. the web pages on that domain may feature content from a third-party domain – e.g. Google Maps or YouTube). Privacy setting options in most modern browsers allow you to block third-party tracking cookies.
Cookies perform many different functions. These are the most common:
- Essential cookies
Some cookies are essential for the operation of our websites. For example, some cookies allow us to identify logged in users and ensure they can access the relevant pages.
- Performance Cookies
We utilise other cookies to analyse how our visitors use our websites and to monitor website performance. This allows us to provide a high quality experience by customising our offering and quickly identifying and fixing any issues that arise. For example, we might use performance cookies to keep track of which pages are most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective, and to determine why some pages are receiving error messages.
- Functionality Cookies
We use functionality cookies to allow us to remember your preferences, for example which language you want to see the website in. We also use functionality cookies to provide you with enhanced services such as allowing you to watch a video online.
- Behaviourally Targeted / Advertising Cookies
We do not use this type of cookie.
You can find more information about cookies at the ICO website
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies however, in a few cases, some of the website features may not function as a result.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites that we feel may be of interest to you. However, once you use these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over third party websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites as these sites are not governed by this privacy statement. As such you should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How to contact us
In writing to - Tow-Trust Towbars Ltd, Carlyon Road Industrial Estate, Atherstone, Warwickshire, CV9 1JE
By Telephone - 01827 717412
By E mail - firstname.lastname@example.org